Pinoy Pen Spinning Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pinoy Pen Spinning Community

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
This site will be further used for archiving purposes. POSTING and REGISTRATION DISABLED. Please visit our new website and create a new account! www.ppsc.darkbb.com!! Smile Thank you! NOTE: account activation needed! ;D

World Cup '10 Qualifications Information

Go down 
+5
KevKev
{TH}Enzo
JoooooB
gohu
Chobi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chobi
Post Master
Post Master
Chobi

World Cup '10 Qualifications Information Empty
PostSubject: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 11:16 am

According to Zombo on UPSB:

So I've talked to Crash and we've set the final details on the WC10 qualifications!

The website will be up next week.

1. Qualification stage

The qualification stage is designed to determine the top 8 teams who will take part of the main event. It consists of a collab battle.

1.1 Collab battle

Each community registered will have to produce a collab. Each collab will then be published publicly simultaneously. The collabs will then be ranked and the communities of the top 8 collabs will advance to the main event.

1.1.1 Collab specifications

The collab should contain:
1- 6-10 videos from 6-10 spinners (one video per spinner) from the community.
2- Each video should have a minimum length of 10 seconds, maximum length of 25 seconds.
3- The maximum length of the collab is 4 minutes, including the introduction and credits.
4- The collab should be edited by someone from the same community.
5- The collab should include an introduction and credits.
6- You cannot alter the speed of the videos (speed up or slow down).

It is important to note that the spinners in the collab do not necessarily have to be the same spinners that will be in the team for the main event.

1.1.2 Collab objective

The collabs will be watched by pen spinners all around the world. Each community’s objective with the collab is to showcase its local talent and prove to the world that they have enough talent to deserve a spot in the main event. Each community needs to make a collab which will impress people and make the audience want to see them take part in the World Cup.

The collab can be seen as an answer to the question “Why does your team deserve to participate in the World Cup?”

The qualifications are comparable to cities making a presentation to convince the IOC that they are the best candidate for the next Olympics.

1.2 Collab judging

All the collabs are revealed publicly. Each community must then decide how they will rank collabs from the other communities. The suggested method is to form a committee of trustworthy members from the board. Each community will then designate a spokesperson for the community who will send the decision of the community to the competition organizers.

Each community then needs to come up with an ordered ranking of the top 8 collabs, excluding their own. The ranking should be justified by a comment and defensible.

The collabs should be judged based on the objective above (1.1.2). While evaluating the collabs, the judges should ask the following questions:

1- Which collab impressed me more?
2- Who deserves a spot in the World Cup?
3- Who has shown they have the necessary talent to form a team for the World Cup?

The focus should be on the combos itself. Editing should be factor only to break a tie, if necessary.

The rankings are collected from each community and published publicly.

Each team then scores point for the rank on each list it appears. The points are distributed as follow:

1st place 10 pts
2nd place 8 pts
3rd place 6 pts
4th place 5 pts
5th place 4 pts
6th place 3 pts
7th place 2 pts
8th place 1 pt

Summing points will produce the final rankings for the teams. The top 8 teams are qualified to the main event.

1.3 Schedule

Communities will need to confirm their participation to the qualification event. You can either post this confirmation in this thread or send a PM to Zombo or an e-mail to Crash.

The deadline for sending the collab is November 7th, 2009.
The results will be revealed November 28th, 2009.

The month of December can then be used to split ties if necessary and allow enough time for communities to prepare their teams. However, it is recommended that communities select their team even before the results of the qualifications are revealed if they need more time to make that decision.

So, we doing this, or what?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Chobi0157
gohu
Posting Addict
Posting Addict

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:20 pm

w0w nman Smile the site already have more than 100 members, it's more than enough, psok tau dyan. approve
Back to top Go down
JoooooB

World Cup '10 Qualifications Information Coolte16
JoooooB

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:43 pm

dude its almost november, we should start making the collab right away Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tawatayohaha
Chobi
Post Master
Post Master
Chobi

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm

@Job: Alright. Let's get an editor, and me, Yanos, you, Clyde, Ej, Cy, KevKev, and riverboy. Let's do this.
Back to top Go down
{TH}Enzo
Tropang Hayop Leader
Tropang Hayop Leader
{TH}Enzo

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Gio wrote:
@Job: Alright. Let's get an editor, and me, Yanos, you, Clyde, Ej, Cy, KevKev, and riverboy. Let's do this.

goodluck Team Philippines! Philippine Flag

EDIT: KevKev. = editor
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jjjjcccjjf
JoooooB

JoooooB

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:22 pm

i agree with enzo. kev makes AMVs right? :P
Back to top Go down
JoooooB

JoooooB

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:25 pm

oohh damn sorry about posting stuff here, i forgot that there's already a thread for the sign ups. sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
KevKev
KevKev

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:25 pm

sorry i was long time away :/ but i kept practicing penspinning^^ im looking forward to the WC!!!
Back to top Go down
Penmaster

World Cup '10 Qualifications Information Coolte15
Penmaster

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:13 am

KevKev wrote:
sorry i was long time away :/ but i kept practicing penspinning^^ im looking forward to the WC!!!

so would you like to join?
Back to top Go down
KevKev
KevKev

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:27 am

penmaster wrote:
KevKev wrote:

so would you like to join?

of course i do!^^
ehm and what about the editing? shall i do this or maybe someone else would like to do that?!
Back to top Go down
JoooooB

JoooooB

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:07 am

we gotta hurry guys the deadline is in 8 days Sad
Back to top Go down
Chobi
Post Master
Post Master
Chobi

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 am

Holy crap. We won't make it.
Back to top Go down
JoooooB

JoooooB

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:52 pm

Gio wrote:
Holy crap. We won't make it.

we can. if we rush it. lol :P
Back to top Go down
KevKev
KevKev

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

what do we have to do?! sign up?! lol every community do a qualification collab oO.
Back to top Go down
JoooooB

JoooooB

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 am

KevKev wrote:
what do we have to do?! sign up?! lol every community do a qualification collab oO.

i dont its possible for us to join anymore... 😢
Back to top Go down
Cy-spinn
Cy-spinn

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 5:32 pm

looool, ahaha I'd like to see us in the WC.
Now it's too late -.- I think we should wait till next year's WT...ppsc will grow till then and we really have to plan this.
BTW I start beeing more aktiv again.
Back to top Go down
KevKev
KevKev

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 pm

we failed xDD damn it^^
Back to top Go down
Chobi
Post Master
Post Master
Chobi

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 5:19 pm

YEAH WE TOTALLY FAILED. ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Gio wrote:

What do you mean???
Is it all over???
T'is can't be.... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
^_~.

::MYSYCRY::
Tuning out...
---^-@
::MY ORIGINALITY IS TO COPY::
Back to top Go down
GAME
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
GAME

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 4:21 pm

mysycry wrote:
Gio wrote:

What do you mean???
Is it all over???
^_~.

Tuning out...
---^-@

FAILED bcos the submission for the team collab entries for the WC is already finish.. we failed to have a collab on time.. ^__^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 12:11 pm

GAME wrote:
mysycry wrote:
Gio wrote:

What do you mean???
Is it all over???
^_~.

Tuning out...
---^-@

FAILED bcos the submission for the team collab entries for the WC is already finish.. we failed to have a collab on time.. ^__^

So, if were not meant for t'is time.Then
we should be sure the next time around...
Did Team Philippines had participate ever???? study
Back to top Go down
GAME
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
GAME

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 am

UPSB is can't join the WC10..

it means, no eriror this time.. xD
pano na yan clyde?

xD
Back to top Go down
{TH}Gerard
Post Master
Post Master
{TH}Gerard

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 2:17 pm

GAME wrote:

pano na yan clyde?

xD

bakit?
Back to top Go down
GAME
Post Maniac
Post Maniac
GAME

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:56 pm

{TH}gerard wrote:
GAME wrote:

pano na yan clyde?

xD

bakit?
]

mababa score ng UPSB eh..
=^__^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup '10 Qualifications Information   World Cup '10 Qualifications Information Empty

Back to top Go down

World Cup '10 Qualifications Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pinoy Pen Spinning Community :: The Community ::  Announcements-
Jump to: